Sunday, September 6, 2015

What I Ate Today 9-1-15

My best friend and I decided to start fasting for the month of September. This isn't our first time fasting for a month, and since we are going on a trip in December for our "10 Year Bestie Extravaganza," we knew that we wanted to be in tip top shape for our tropical holiday! The rules of the fast are:
1. No fast food
2. No junk food
3. No sugary drinks
4. No sweets
5. No fast food
AND.....
6. Alcohol only 2 times a week (which we do anyways)

The last time we did this fast, we felt so much better and we lost a lot of weight. However, we set ourselves up for failure when the fast ended, because we ate all the foods we missed for those 30 days in one sitting! This time we know to ease back into the foods we love, and possibly eat them less.

This is what I ate for lunch (yes, I know I forgot to eat breakfast!). I had a turkey and ham sandwich with provolone cheese and mayo. I got some peanuts on the side for some extra protein. To go with this I got a salad with cheese green onions, bacon bits and balsamic vinegar. 

This is what I had for dinner. I've got some sausage, boiled carrots, Alfredo pasta, and potatoes, which was very filling! 

I still haven't mastered this fasting thing, but I'm learning as I go, and i'm excited to see the changes in my body! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams