Sunday, September 13, 2015

E.L.F. Soothing Serum

E.L.F. Cosmetics (besides NYX) is one of my favorite affordable makeup brands. The acronym in its name stands for Eyes Lips Face, and they have a wide variety of products for these three features. E.L.F. has been around for quite some time, but they recently decided to expand their brand and come out with a skincare line. I was skeptical at first about trying the skincare line, because I have products that work for me and I wasn't sure if these products (E.L.F.) would break me out or not. After a few months of watching reviews and doing some research, I decided that i should go ahead and try out the soothing serum (just to play it safe).

The packaging if this product is beautiful and more durable than the cheaper products on the website. You also get quite a bit of product in this bottle (1.01 fl.oz/30mL). According to the eyes lips face website, the soothing serum contains purified water and essential nutrients that help lock in moisture to reduce the look of fine lines for glowing, healthy-looking skin. This silky serum infused with skin norushing Jojoba, Aloe, and Vitamin E to sooth and protect the delicate skin area. It's also rich in antioxidants including Shea Butter and Grape.

When I applied a pump of this to the back of my hand, I noticed that I couldn't control how much product comes out. I also felt that this product is very liquidy. Not being able to control the amount of product I use isn't very cost effective, because I do believe that a little goes a long way, and I don't want to run out of this product too quickly. This product doesn't really have a smell, which I don't mind, because fragrances tend to irritate my skin. 

I also don't mind the watery texture, because when it is rubbed in, it leaves my skin feeling extremely moisturized and radiant. I normally apply this to my face after I have washed and toned my skin. When I wake up in the morning, my face is noticeably softer, and some of my problem areas are diminishing. The E.L.F. Cosmetics Soothing Serum retails for $12.00, which I think is a great price, and you can purchase it at www.eyeslipsface.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams